Lance A. Clarke is an experienced trial attorney, litigator, and negotiator. He has served as outside General Counsel, advisor, and consultant, to various CEO’s, executives, and politicians for corporate, criminal, and regulatory proceedings, as well as investigative proceedings with the FBI, SEC, Secret Service, et al.
Lance’s experience hails from his expertise in the areas of federal and state criminal defense, white-collar defense, and civil litigation. Due to his strong reputation and pattern of success, Lance is often described as "the go-to guy" for complex and delicate legal matters. He has represented more than 5,000 people in multiple states, both at the federal and state level for matters ranging from money laundering, wire fraud, racketeering, employment discrimination, and breach of contracts.
Lance has also lectured at universities, trained attorneys in trial practice, is an Adjunct Professor at Cardozo Law School for the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program, appeared as a legal analyst across various platforms both domestic and international, served on Judicial Screening Committees to vet prospective judges as well the transition committee for the New York County District Attorney, and assisted companies with promoting a work environment that supports diversity.
Lance has been recognized as a Top-Rated White-Collar Crimes and Criminal Defense Attorney by Super Lawyers, as well as one of the top 100 trial attorneys in the state of New York by the National Trial Lawyers.
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Civil litigation
- Government Investigations & Regulatory Matters
- Employment, Discrimination & Harassment
- State and Federal Criminal Defense
- Health care fraud
- Trial Consultant
- Money Laundering
- Contractual Formation, Contractual Disputes, and Breach of Contract
- New York State
- New Jersey State
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- Cornell University, Certificate Program - Diversity and Inclusion, 2020
- The Pennsylvania State University, School of Law, J.D. 2007 (Miller Center Public Interest Advocate Award)
- The City University of New York, New York City College of Technology, B.S. 2002