Lance A. Clarke is an experienced trial attorney, litigator, and negotiator. He has served as outside General Counsel, advisor, and consultant to various CEO’s, executives, and politicians for corporate, regulatory, criminal, and internal investigative proceedings with the DOJ, SEC, Secret Service, et al.
Lance’s experience hails from his expertise in the areas of federal and state criminal defense, white-collar defense, and civil litigation where he has been recognized as a Top-Rated White-Collar Crimes and Criminal Defense Attorney by Super Lawyers as well as one of the top 100 trial attorneys in the state of New York by the National Trial Lawyers.
He has represented thousands of clients in multiple states, both at the federal and state level, for matters ranging from money laundering, healthcare fraud, wire fraud, racketeering, employment discrimination, compliance investigations, and breach of contract. Due to his unique and successful advocacy coupled with his results-driven approach, he has generated numerous favorable results for his clients and has tried and won several jury trials, bench trials, administrative and suppression hearings.
Lance has also lectured at universities, trained attorneys in trial practice, is an Adjunct Professor at Cardozo Law School for the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program, appeared as a legal analyst across various platforms both domestic and international, has been appointed to serve on various Boards, has served on Judicial Screening Committees to vet prospective judges, served on the transition committee for the New York County District Attorney, and has assisted companies with promoting a work environment that supports diversity.
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Civil litigation
- Government Investigations & Regulatory Matters
- Employment, Discrimination & Harassment
- State and Federal Criminal Defense
- Health care fraud
- Trial Consultant
- Money Laundering
- Contractual Formation, Contractual Disputes, and Breach of Contract
- New York State
- New Jersey State
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2018
- Cornell University, Certificate Program - Diversity and Inclusion, 2020
- The Pennsylvania State University, School of Law, J.D. 2007 (Miller Center Public Interest Advocate Award)
- The City University of New York, New York City College of Technology, B.S. 2002