Lance A. Clarke, Esq. stands as a seasoned trial attorney and litigator. His extensive background includes acting as outside General Counsel, advisor, and consultant to a diverse array of CEOs, executives, and political figures. Lance has been a guiding force in navigating corporate, regulatory, criminal, and internal investigative proceedings involving entities such as the DOJ, SEC, and Secret Service, among others.
Lance's expertise is firmly rooted in federal and state criminal defense, white-collar defense, and civil litigation, where he has been recognized recognition as a Top-Rated White-Collar Crimes and Criminal Defense Attorney by Super Lawyers, as well as a place among the top 100 trial attorneys in the state of New York according to the National Trial Lawyers.
Lance has represented a myriad of clients across multiple states, both on federal and state levels. His cases span a wide spectrum, encompassing complex matters such as money laundering, healthcare fraud, wire fraud, racketeering, employment discrimination, compliance investigations, and breach of contract. Leveraging his distinctive advocacy and a resolutely results-oriented approach, Lance has consistently secured favorable outcomes for his clients. He boasts a remarkable record of victories in various settings, including jury trials, bench trials, administrative proceedings, and suppression hearings.
Lance's commitment to legal education and advocacy extends to his role as a lecturer at universities and a mentor for attorneys in trial practice. He serves as an Adjunct Professor at Cardozo Law School for the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program, passing on his wealth of experience to the next generation of legal minds. His expertise is not confined to the classroom, as he frequently contributes as a legal analyst on both domestic and international platforms.
Lance has been appointed to various Boards, demonstrated a commitment to enhancing judicial integrity through service on Judicial Screening Committees, and played an active role on the transition committee for the New York County District Attorney Alvin Bragg. He has also played a pivotal role in promoting diversity within corporate environments, fostering work environments that celebrate and support diversity.
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Civil litigation
- Government Investigations & Regulatory Matters
- Employment, Discrimination & Harassment
- State and Federal Criminal Defense
- Health care fraud
- Trial Consultant
- Money Laundering
- Contractual Formation, Contractual Disputes, and Breach of Contract
- New York State
- New Jersey State
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2018
- Cornell University, Certificate Program - Diversity and Inclusion, 2020
- The Pennsylvania State University, School of Law, J.D. 2007 (Miller Center Public Interest Advocate Award)
- The City University of New York, New York City College of Technology, B.S. 2002