Rani Gill is an experienced attorney with over twenty years of developed experience in both domestic and international Data Privacy, eDiscovery, Managed Document Review, and Legal Operations consulting services.
By leveraging technology and scalable processes to identify efficiencies, Rani has worked with numerous Fortune 100 companies and AM Law 100 law firms to realize tens of millions of dollars of cost avoidance opportunities.
Prior to Hamilton Clarke, LLP, Rani spent ten years at Deloitte where she was tapped to head their London office for a multi-year secondment. While there, Rani built and developed a first-rate document review division to run parallel to Deloitte’s U.S. practice. As EMEA lead, Rani built a comprehensive team from the ground up, and was responsible for the day-to-day management of up to one hundred personnel, department oversight, and the continuous growth of business.
With extensive experience in data breach, Rani has worked with multiple stakeholders at global entities to implement various M365 discovery, compliance, and information security functionalities, and has specifically worked with government entities to identify specific individuals compromised under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Additionally, Rani has assisted and overseen the seamless reduction of over one billion documents to two hundred forty million documents across fifty-seven workspaces by combining fiscally adept processes and logistically creative practices.
Indeed, when it comes to international and domestic experience consulting with the world’s top companies, Rani is at the top of the game in the eDiscovery market.
- Managed Document Review
- Technology Assisted Review (TAR)
- Data Privacy
- Swiss Compliance
- US Privacy Law
- Legal Operations Consulting
- Compliance and Ethics
- Executive Coaching
- Interpersonal Communications
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. (2008)
- Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Rutgers College, B.A. (2001)
Notable eDiscovery Matters:
- Subsequent to a massive data breach, assisted a governmental agency with identification of individuals, and the associated data type, compromised in the breach under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Worked closely with the client and our technology team to develop a detailed training manual ensuring data that needed to be protected under GDPR was properly identified. Created a bespoke report for the client to leverage in its compliance and disclosure requirements under GDPR.
- As the U.S. and EMEA Lead, managed over 100 personnel to ensure both U.S. and EU data was processed, reviewed, and produced in line with court-ordered production timelines. Worked closely with the Client’s Discovery Manager to coordinate and track all Discovery requests. Given client constraints and concern over EU data protection, provided a new solution ahead of production. After client approval to proceed with the new strategy, drafted documentation and trained a select team to implement the new workflow. At project completion, provided detailed information to the client board and highlighted $4M+ in cost avoidance, with the bulk of those savings stemming from the new data protection strategy.
- As Lead Review Manager for multi-district and cross-border litigations, supervised, trained, and simultaneously managed several litigations across multiple on and off-shore locations.
- As Senior Review Manager, identified a lower-cost solution for a complex contract management project that was in jeopardy of missing deliverable milestones and exceeding agreed-upon budget parameters. After reviewing the existing training documentation and process workflow, identified areas to streamline the workflow while increasing the quality of the final output. Quickly spun up a new review team to support existing resources during the start of the global pandemic allowing the existing team and project team leads to stay on track and within budget.