Rani Gill, Esq. stands as an accomplished attorney with an expansive two-decade-long journey in the realm of domestic and international Data Privacy, eDiscovery, Managed Document Review, and Legal Operations consulting. Her skillful fusion of technology and scalable processes has made her a go-to expert for numerous Fortune 100 companies and AM Law 100 law firms, delivering substantial cost avoidance opportunities totaling tens of millions of dollars.
Prior to her tenure at Hamilton Clarke, LLP, Rani flourished during her ten-year engagement at Deloitte, where she was entrusted with leading their London office in a multi-year secondment. During this tenure, she established and cultivated an exceptional document review division to complement Deloitte's U.S. practice. Holding the position of EMEA lead, Rani orchestrated the formation of a comprehensive team from its inception, overseeing the daily management of up to one hundred personnel, departmental operations, and the ongoing expansion of the business.
Rani's proficiency extends to the domain of data breach, where she has collaborated with global stakeholders to implement various M365 discovery, compliance, and information security functionalities. Her focus also included working closely with governmental entities to pinpoint individuals compromised under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). She notably contributed to streamlining practices, effectively reducing over one billion documents to two hundred forty million documents across fifty-seven workspaces, all while embracing fiscally prudent processes and innovative logistical strategies.
In the arena of international and domestic consulting, Rani stands at the forefront of the eDiscovery market, consistently delivering her expertise to the world's leading companies.
Significant eDiscovery Achievements:
• In the aftermath of a substantial data breach, Rani collaborated with a governmental agency to identify affected individuals and associated data types governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This involved crafting a detailed training manual to ensure GDPR compliance in data protection. She devised a customized report empowering the client's compliance and disclosure responsibilities under GDPR.
• Holding the mantle of U.S. and EMEA Lead, Rani efficiently oversaw over 100 personnel to ensure seamless processing, review, and production of both U.S. and EU data in alignment with court-ordered timelines. By devising an innovative data protection strategy, she exemplified cost avoidance exceeding $4 million, a significant portion attributed to this strategy.
• In the role of Lead Review Manager for intricate multi-district and cross-border litigations, Rani orchestrated training, supervision, and management across various onshore and offshore locations simultaneously.
• Serving as Senior Review Manager, Rani showcased her knack for problem-solving. She salvaged a jeopardized complex contract management project by refining workflow processes and swiftly forming a new review team during the onset of the global pandemic, ensuring project milestones were met and budget parameters adhered to.
Rani Gill's career embodies a remarkable fusion of legal acumen, strategic innovation, and unwavering commitment to achieving unparalleled results in the dynamic landscape of Data Privacy, eDiscovery, Managed Document Review, and Legal Operations consulting.
- Managed Document Review
- Technology Assisted Review (TAR)
- Data Privacy
- Swiss Compliance
- US Privacy Law
- Legal Operations Consulting
- Compliance and Ethics
- Executive Coaching
- Interpersonal Communications
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Widener University School of Law, J.D. (2008)
- Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Rutgers College, B.A. (2001)
Notable eDiscovery Matters:
- Subsequent to a massive data breach, assisted a governmental agency with identification of individuals, and the associated data type, compromised in the breach under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Worked closely with the client and our technology team to develop a detailed training manual ensuring data that needed to be protected under GDPR was properly identified. Created a bespoke report for the client to leverage in its compliance and disclosure requirements under GDPR.
- As the U.S. and EMEA Lead, managed over 100 personnel to ensure both U.S. and EU data was processed, reviewed, and produced in line with court-ordered production timelines. Worked closely with the Client’s Discovery Manager to coordinate and track all Discovery requests. Given client constraints and concern over EU data protection, provided a new solution ahead of production. After client approval to proceed with the new strategy, drafted documentation and trained a select team to implement the new workflow. At project completion, provided detailed information to the client board and highlighted $4M+ in cost avoidance, with the bulk of those savings stemming from the new data protection strategy.
- As Lead Review Manager for multi-district and cross-border litigations, supervised, trained, and simultaneously managed several litigations across multiple on and off-shore locations.
- As Senior Review Manager, identified a lower-cost solution for a complex contract management project that was in jeopardy of missing deliverable milestones and exceeding agreed-upon budget parameters. After reviewing the existing training documentation and process workflow, identified areas to streamline the workflow while increasing the quality of the final output. Quickly spun up a new review team to support existing resources during the start of the global pandemic allowing the existing team and project team leads to stay on track and within budget.